Thursday, October 06, 2005

I'M AN OR-DI-NA-RY GUY

Welcome to Tennisman's Wharf

...this is me:

My roommate, Kyle, took this picture yesterday afternoon. Kyle and I had been cleaning up the gigantic shrub in our backyard, and I found the vine from which I made this sculpture. It had fallen from the fence between my house and our neighbor Dick's house. Dick is a nice guy with two dogs, and a funny voice...we dont know his girlfriend's name, so we call her Mrs. Dick. Thanks for the pic, Kyle!

My name is Wes, but friends often call me 'wes-man'. I live in Syracuse, NY where I'm studying to become a windmill technician. J/k, but seriously, I study physics, and I'd love to work on helping the world move towards renewable energy, even if it WERE through being a technician on windmills.

Up here in Syracuse, we have some serious windpower being generated, at Fenner windfarm. One of the biggest windfarms in America:


Thos are my buddies: Clint and Stone. Can you tell how big those windmills are? Well, they are very big... over 300ft tall big; all 20 of them.

Anywho...

What I really wanted to say was that I make t-shirts up at Syracuse, like the one that my friend Ezra showed a picture of in his awesome blog just earlier tonight. Props to Ezra and his awesome blog: INTERNET VIBES. I have a link on my page, so check it out!



I'll be periodically posting my t-shirts, music, and various art on this page... If you want a shirt, or 'just wanna talk?', send me an email:

sirmiles@gmail.com

-wes man

7 Comments:

Blogger Ezra said...

Hey Wes Man,
I can only see the first picture. What's up with that?

12:07 PM  
Blogger dezi said...

wow. what a chic picture. are you a 1980's headband model?

11:09 PM  
Blogger wes miles said...

heyo,
i fixed it all up hopefully you can see the pictures now

wes

10:35 PM  
Blogger kat said...

hiya,
i went to fenner wind farm after reading this. it really is amazing! i spent a couple hours just walking around and taking pictures. anywho, just wanted to let you know that your post affected someone.
-kat sampson

3:00 PM  
Blogger wes miles said...

thanks kat,
saw your pics, they were pretty cool...

such a good place to take pictures...

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Scott said...

Your blog is the first site I hit while looking up "Windmill Techncian" on the web. Hey if you feel the need to convince a fellow to jump on board then do it. I would love to hear a real living person's ideas and views of becoming a WT. I nothing about it, except for wanting to build my own windmill out of Volvo parts and the job sound so interesting. Shead some light at scottdempsey@hotmail.com

4:38 AM  
OpenID katomckracken said...

So, I follow your instagram and somehow weirdly stumbled upon this. I probably wouldn't be able to find it again even if I tried haha.
Anyway, I'm a fan of both Ra Ra Riot and Discovery. As a cellist and string-enthusiast, RRR really inspires me. I actually saw you guys play about a year ago in my hometown! I have a picture with Mathieu from the concert, and I'm pretty he's wearing that exact "travelling" t-shirt. Super weird to come across in a 7-year-old blog post.
Anyway, I hope all is well. I'm excited to hear what Ra Ra Riot does next (Discovery, too! I'll have my fingers crossed for that one). Thanks for investing so much time and energy into making music, your fans appreciate it more than you know!

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home