Monday, October 24, 2005

E. COLI FEVER!!!!

Early Autumn Bacteria:


Last weekend we had a water advisory in Syracuse:

The Onondaga County Health Department has issued a boil water order until further notice for the southeastern portion of the City of Syracuse, which includes both Syracuse University's North Campus and South Campus. The order has been issued due to test results received today identifying the presence of E-coli bacteria in water samples.


My house was right smack in the middle of the affected area. It had been raining for a week straight, it was cold, and I had been wearing my gigantic Irish cardigan with zig-zags on the sides.

I sat on the blue chair in my kitchen and waited for the water to boil one morning/late afternoon. Not that having to boil water before you drink it is so devastating -they have to do that everyday in some places- but I still couldn't help but feeling like the world is in a state of proto-apocalypse. Ezra recently explored this vibe in more depth in his blog 'internet vibes', so I'll leave the 'vibing' to him.



But more corporally, my friend John was hit pretty hard by some sickness, however, he claimed to have gastroenteritis (a food-poisoning-type illness that I experienced 3 years ago after eating some 'cheese sticks'. The symptoms are suspiciously similar to poisoning caused by e.coli), and another acquantaince claimed to have gotten sick, although I don't believe him.

I just barely made it out of Syracuse alive. I hopped on the luggage level on some bus that was leaving for Manhattan last friday morning, and saw some awesome art over the weekend. I hit up the Neue Gallery on saturday, and checked out the work of Egon Sheile, whom I really wish I could have met.


But now the weekend has come to a close, and I must return to work, music, and sleeping.

Tomorrow I will go to newhouse studios to record a crazier, more full length version of a new wave song I wrote last winter...

...I'll post the rough cuts later this week

And finally, I fixed the comments, so that you can comment even if you dont have a blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger greygreywolfwolf said...

yo wes man, i can't wait to hear the rough mix of the shit you've been working on. why a studio rather than home taping? just wondering. the proto-apocalypse vibe is definitely weighing heavy upon our whole generation, hopefully we are on our way to creating an artform which will address these anxieties.

i would recommend you check out an excellent record "about" egon schiele made by a band called the rachels. it was definitely one of my top 3 the year i heard it.

11:55 PM  
Blogger greygreywolfwolf said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home